[oletrucks] Engine decoding

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine decoding
From: Spinningroach@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:38:50 EST
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know about L73 engines (T0521HK is the number)? At GM, I've been
told that the 327 I have in my 56 Stepside was built at their Tonawanda NY
engine assembly plant in May 21, 1968, and that it delivered 250 hp. (i was
able to understand what T0521 meant, HK I've never seen before though)

However, for 68 camaros, a regular 327 should deliver either 210 or 275 hp,
and none of these engines is a L73.

As they have absolutely nothing more in their database, I believe it was
either an experimental 327, or a limited series engine or car.

If any of you has any info, I'm really interested in hearing about it...
(e-mails to madmike@nastyz28.com or at the Camaro Group Research have been
left unanswered - these guys have a great source of info though...).

Thanks. JP