[oletrucks] off subject: new old truck enthusiasts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, napco4x4@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] off subject: new old truck enthusiasts
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: 15 Dec 2001 05:50:19 -0800
     I have a couple of new old truck enthusiasts to introduce to you.  Our
twins, Sean Cameron and David William were born Friday night.  I was thankful
that they agreed to wait to come until after finals week was done.  The babies
appear to be doing well, but my wife had and is still having a rough time.

     I promise to get them indoctrinated early into the old truck hobby, though
they'll surely also be into Corvettes, muscle cars, and Jeeps (their mom is a
self-proclaimed hard core 4 wheeling "Jeep chick". . .Wrangler (real Jeep), not
Cherokee. . .her words, not mine).  Since my wife refuses to get rid of her
Jeep, I'll probably get rid of my 86 pickup (darn . . .and it only has 214K
miles on it. . .has lots of life left in it) and get a 96-99 GMC Yukon.  At
least I can sport truck that so I don't have to be too ashamed to drive it.  I
had hoped to have the TF Chevy Sub on line, but with work, school, and now
babies, it will have to continue at the current slow restoration pace for a
while.

     My dad had my brothers and I buy and restore our own cars in time for us
to get our driver licenses, so I guess that's good enough for my kidz as well.
Old trucks should be a good first vehicle. . .maybe a 6 cylinder stock resto at
that. . .to minimize the hot rodding till the brain cells catch up with the
hormones.

     So now where do I find Ole Truck hats and T-shirts in nano-size to get
them started?

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
59 GMC Suburban
66 Corvair Monza (my first car)
86 Corvette Indy convertible, SCCA Solo2 BSP#32
86 Chevy Silverado
97 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Knoxville,TN