[oletrucks] Re: Carburetor Woes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Carburetor Woes
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:02:44 -0600
I don't know if this applies to your truck but I had a similar problem on my 66
GTO
and a friend's 66 Cutlass.  What we finally found was that the rubber line from
the
gas tank to the hard line had rotted and developed a pin hole.  This allowed
the gas
line to drain while the car sat and then the fuel pump would lose its prime.
On my
friend's Cutlass you could run the battery down before it would start.  He used
carry a small can of gas in the trunk to prime the carb.  My GTO wasn't as bad.
 It
just took some patience, like your truck.  After I discovered the bad fuel
hose, we
got both cars cured.  Like I said, this might not apply to your truck because
of the
layout of the fuel lines, but it would be cheap to check.

regards,
Leon
 46 Chevy 1/2 ton