Re: [oletrucks] Portable heaters?? Window unit...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Portable heaters?? Window unit...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 22:41:12 EST
    I have a window unit in my garage, its Natural Gas powered ( looks like
an air conditioner ) but I've never found out how to work it, been in the
house "only" two years. I've had so much stuff packed around the garage
anyway, I can't work in there! LOL! I guess one of these days I'll get some
more room, and then I can try it out, see if it even works. I heard from the
previous homeowner it would keep the place toasty warm at 80-90 degrees no
problem, the former two residents were car nuts, and worked outside in the
garage all winter, one painted cars in the middle of winter, so it must have
kept it warm! Ijust can't find the dang controls on it, I've found the gas
cut-on switch, but there's nothing I've seen on the unit itself that will
allow me to cut it on. No switches, no controls visible. Oh well, I'll figure
it out some day, when I can get to it again. :) Hopefully soon! I've spent
some time orging the garage, so there is more floor space now, but very
little. I need more shelving and such to help out.
   Well, sorry I haven't been much help,but if you  have NG, you can put in a
window unit and it'll do the job nicely.

Jerry Casper
55-2nd Suburban