Re: [oletrucks] Minimal wiring

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Minimal wiring
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:56:29 -0600
Pretty simple on these things.  Besides the heavy wire from the battery
+ to the starter and the engine block to the battery -, you will
need a hot wire to the key switch, a wire from the key switch through
a ballast resistor to the coil, a wire from the coil to the distributor
points, a wire from the key switch to the starter pushbutton, ( you
can't bump the truck with the key off this way) a wire from the starter
pushbutton to the solenoid, and a wire from the solenoid to the coil
to give 12 volts while the starter is engaged.

If you have an alternator hooked up, you should also have the wiring
you need to charge the battery.  I understand it is not good to spin
an alternator without the wiring hookup.  Any residual magnetisim
will make it run away without a load.

Bruce K
57 3200
MN

At Wednesday, 9 January 2002, you wrote:

>I am requesting what the minimal wiring I need to start my 235 stock.
I am