Re: [oletrucks] Oil Leak

To: bgibson@internetwork.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Leak
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:28:41 EST
In a message dated 1/13/02 3:52:51 PM Central Standard Time,
bgibson@internetwork.net writes:

<< I had a steady drip of oil dripping down the timing plate and the pan.
 Does the front oil pan seal seal the timing plate and the pan as well? >>

I'll bet the seal in the front cover is bad (sealing around the harmonic
balancer shaft).  You may have a nice groove worn in the balancer shaft too,
adding to the problem.  I had the same thing, got a sleeve (from my FLAPS)
for the balancer shaft and a new seal, no more leaks.  The hard part is
geting to the balancer, the rest is easy.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX