Re: [oletrucks] Repairing TF Door Bottoms

To: rwelch@bartnet.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Repairing TF Door Bottoms
From: Kirk <kpierce@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:45:27 -0500
rwelch@bartnet.net wrote:

Integrity of the door is important.  In my case, the brace to which the
hinge attaches was in need of repair.  The body man cut the outside door
skin off about 6" below the door handle and repaired and braced the
hinge braces.  We noticed that the inside of the door was not primered
and was very rusty.  He is sand blasting everything inside.

To fix the bottom, we ordered a repair bottom from Chevy Duty.. the
cheaper version that doesn't require as much cutting.  This was welded
in and re-sand blasted.  Plan now is to prime the pieces and let them
dry a while before welding the door skin back on.  I should have a door
that is as good as new and won't rust.  Also putting some sound
deadening spray over the primer.