[oletrucks] Gas Tank cover sealer?

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Tank cover sealer?
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:48:44 -0500
This is for a newer truck with side tank. All GM's with fuel injection have
the sender held in by a ring and then they pour a black tar-looking sealer
over the whole area to keep out water/dirt and prevent rust-out there. This
stuff dries hard so is not tar. What is it? Can I buy this stuff at auto
stores or is there some hardware store stuff maybe someone here has used
during a tank change? I had something that looked like beeswax on mine, and
was super sticky and didn't clean up with solvent. Was it wax???

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in restoration
54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)