[oletrucks] What are Phat rims?? (fwd)

Subject: [oletrucks] What are Phat rims?? (fwd)
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:34:03 -0700 (MST)
Funny Stuff.....
-alfie

Post from Guy#1:
Hey i was wondering where i could get some phat looking rims for my car. and
like whats the prices for them. are they a lot? could i get 4 of em for like
100 bucks?
thanks

Reply:
I'm afraid that we've gotten our terminology mixed up again. Phat
(synonomous with "da bomb") rims cost at least $200/rim. If you're looking
for something that's merely dope, expect to pay about $150-$200/wheel. Fly
will be in the $125-$150 range. "Tite" doesn't describe monetary value of a
rim, merely how it looks on the car. For instance: "Those American Racing
rims look TITE on that Neon." Phat rims are usually more expensive than the
others because they involve either a deep chrome finish or some sort of
gold. If you get phat rims, you usually need to either put chrome or gold
strips (depending on which one matches) in between the doors, along the
bottom, etc. The advantage to phat rims is that they attract lots of women.
The more gold, the more women. It does not matter what kind of car you
have-it's all about the customization (uni-wiper, exhausts that sound like
cazoos, windshield banners that say something like "Erotic Dreamz," etc.)
Hope this clears things up.