Re: [oletrucks] pitman arm installation

Subject: Re: [oletrucks] pitman arm installation
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:59:30 -0700 (MST)
Hi all,
Thanks for all the help with the pitman arm. I guess I should have been
more specific. I was aware they are tapered and keyed on the splines, but
somehow either the taper on my pitman arm is too tight, or the new box
shaft is
too thick, or I'm doing something else wrong. I've tried cleaning the
splines, but that didnt' help. The next step for me is to gently file them
to try to remove any burrs, I will also try heating up the arm before
installation. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks
-alfie