Re: [oletrucks] Overheating problem

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Overheating problem
From: "Rob J." <a70ragtop@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:51:00 -0800
Yeah, I agree.  What I'll be doing, is putting everything back together,
minus the thermostat initially.  I will fill with just water, then remove
the upper hose at the radiator and see if the pump is pumping out water (to
prove the pump is doing its job).  I'll have the hose in the rad. fill
opening to replace the water.  If water flows well through the system, then
I'll put the upper hose back into place, then put on the zero psi cap and
see what happens.  If everything runs ok, and temp is ok, then I'll
substitute the 7psi cap and see what effect this has.  After all this, I'll
put the thermostat back in place and see what happens with both caps.  Of
course, before I do any of this, I'll have pulled all the plugs to see if I
can see any evidence of a leak into the cylinders, plus check and correct
any timing problems.

Rob

My Zen Moment for the Day:  Sex is like air.  It's not important, unless you
aren't getting any.