[oletrucks] Group feedback

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Group feedback
From: Williams Grant Civ Det 2 418 FLTS/ENQA
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:54:13 -0000
Here is the plan.  A 1950 GMC 1/2T going for the original look w/50's hot
rod engine.  Total frame off buildup. New (Patrick's) 3:55 Ring and pinion
installed, closed driveline, expecting to use a stock (rebuilt) 4 speed with
bell to tube.  GMC 270 (55-63) CID, 417 "H" head, 260 - 270 degree cam w/new
springs & push rod kit, upgrade intake/carb(2X2 or 1X4) and exhaust/headers.
Not sure about the cam.  Don't want to lose the bottom end of my street
tourque availability but need to scoot out into freeway traffic (mid range)
as well.

Question is, does this sound like a feasible combination in regards to
drivetrain and RPM/HP, etc? I'm looking for technical advice (experience)
right now.  Seems to me the stock pistons with a with the other options I
mentioned would serve my purpose.

What do ya think?

Grant
Albuquerque, NM