Re: [oletrucks] Hood springs

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hood springs
From: "Peter Volwerk" <chevy@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:47:10 +0100 (West-Europa (standaardtijd))
Hi Smokey,

I to had have the same problem with the hood on my 58, the problem is that
the rivets from the
spring hinges are worn out.
Take the hinge out and remove all rivets and find someone that will make you
new rivets that are a little oversized, than make the holes in the hinges
the same size as the new rivets are and put it all together.
My hood is now on it's original place.

Peter Volwerk '58 3100 Stepside
http://wwwclassicchevytrucks.20m.com