[oletrucks] Re: Later-model bumper to TF truck...frame measurements.

To: NSurles@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Later-model bumper to TF truck...frame measurements.
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:51:58 EST
    I don't have the "exact" rear frame measurements handy, but the middle
and front of my '55 second Chevy Suburban TF frame was about 58 inches wide
measured on the inside, maybe 58.25 counting the metal thickness. I don't
think it deviated too far from that measurement towards the back, either, so
a bumper/bracket combo that meets that width should be easy to adapt. I had
to install an updated eng/trans crossmembers in mine, and they were both
about the same width in the front and middle, so I'd say it'd be close to
that in the rear.

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA