Re: [oletrucks] Re: Later-model bumper to TF truck...frame

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Later-model bumper to TF truck...frame
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:12:37 -0600
The stepside boxes and frame mounts were pretty much the same from
55-2 to 1987.  Should be no problem to find a stepside step bumper,
maybe even a new one.

In the older days there were a lot of very fancy and heavy ones fabricated
from checker plate and sheet.  Lots of times they included a pipe
up to the box just under the top rail to hold the side of the box
up and protect the lights.  They were usually heavy enough to make
sure the truck would go well in snow.

Remember that back bumpers were options back then.

Bruce K
57 3200
MN

At Saturday, 26 January 2002, you wrote:

>I don't have the "exact" rear frame measurements handy, but the middle
>and front of my '55 second Chevy Suburban TF frame was about 58
inches wide
>measured on the inside, maybe 58.25 counting the metal thickness.
I don't
>think it deviated too far from that measurement towards the back,
either, so
>a bumper/bracket combo that meets that width should be easy to adapt.
I had