[oletrucks] Crack in wheels- NOT!

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Crack in wheels- NOT!
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:06:29 -0500
Got off phone with big truck recovery guy I use that has been in business
forever. He has/knows old big trucks. On my wheels which looked cracked by the
tube stem.....it's supposed to be there, these are a form of "split-rims" and
have a solid outside ring and the main rim "collapses some to let you remove
the ring. You then pry back the main wheel part till it "snaps" back into it's
running position and inflate/seat tire. He says most shops will not touch
these. He also says the 22.5 is a modern tubeless wheel to fit the same hubs I
have now. SO, if I fix this truck, I will be looking for the tubeless 22.5
wheels and tires to put on it.  He has also told me the air brakes should be
about the same as new ones and parts no problem with them.  What an adventure
this truck is gonna be!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in restoration