[oletrucks] many topics

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] many topics
From: James Aiello <banner@kwom.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:57:35 -0600
No. One:
Rebuilding Quadrajets are very easy to do if your just doing a gasket and
float replacement. Buy the kit study the exploded view and take apart very
slowly. Make sure you do it somewhere were you can't loose any parts.
Unless carb sat with gas in it for years the inside is usually very clean,
so just the outside needs cleaning. Get spray cleaner and old tooth brushes
and go at it.
The only real problem you may have during disassembly would be the
accelerator pump and maybe the choke linkage, depends on model. Use a nail
setter to drive out pin on the accelerator arm and it will come out easy.
If you can take some pictures and make some drawings showing were everything
goes before you take apart.

No. Two:
I belong to three lists and all of them got this Gov. warning about "Vehicle
scrapping legislation. They all think its a bunch of hog wash and most
likely one of those urban myths.

No. Three:
I also need help removing myself from the digest of oletrucks. I've tried
all the ways I know how with no success.

later guys

James Aiello
No more trucks (well until I buy a old school bus)
68 GTO
68 GTO parts car
70 442
74 98