Re: [oletrucks] V-6 in 1959 Chevy 3/4 ton?

To: rjanke@dotnet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] V-6 in 1959 Chevy 3/4 ton?
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:25:29 EST
In a message dated 2/9/02 7:19:36 PM Central Standard Time, rjanke@dotnet.com
writes:

<< I found a beauty in
 ******, ** (don't want anyone to beat me to it). Talked to the owner on the
phone. He says the V-6 in it is original equipment. And he sounds old enough
to know it. Can anyone tell me more about that? Were there really some V-6's
as original equipment? >>
Richard,
   No, a V-6 was never an original engine in any '59 Chevy truck.  All were
235's (in-line 6-cylinders) in pickups.  I have seen people say, and write,
V-6 when they really mean I-6.  Ifit is a V-6, it has no doubt been changed
somewhere along the line.  Check it out in person.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX (I grew up in Wisconsin)