[oletrucks] How to fix stripped holes on hood ornaments and emblems.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] How to fix stripped holes on hood ornaments and emblems.
From: SurfDudeSC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:20:17 EST
Hi group:
Recently purchased a hood bird for my 57 GMC and when I went to mount it
discivered that the two back mounting holes were stripped out.  Well I filled
the holes with JB weld, drilled and retapped, no luck holding.  Then I tried
permatex thread restorer (the epoxy stuff where you screw in and out the bolt
in five munutes and then let cure for 30 minutes, says it will take 150 ft.
lbs. of torque - yea right!), no luck holding.  Hole walls probably too thin
to go a size larger and retap.

OK group lets hear some suggestions!!!!

David