[oletrucks] My '58 Fleetside is for sale

To: "Chevy Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] My '58 Fleetside is for sale
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:56:40 -0800
Life has taken a few unexpected turns. This prompts the need to sell my '58
Fleetside long-bed.  The condition is a bit rough on the outside but I have
made several mechanical improvements.  I will take photos and make a
complete list of improvements and extra parts but below is a quick list.

261 rebuilt and balanced, 3000 miles ago.  Stock motor and accessories.  It
runs great and is very dependable.
Borg Warner 3-speed electric overdrive column shift.  Trans is in great
condition, cruises at 70 mph at 2,000 rpm.
Electric windshield wipers with original control knob.
Original radio in perfect dash.
Front disc brake conversion with 6 lug pattern.  Dual master with vacuum
assist power brakes.  I still have original hubs and all brake parts.
Original chrome grill in good condition.
Left and right extra doors, originals have rust out in bottoms.
New tail light rings.
Extra set of hood hinges.
Extra gauge cluster components.  All original gauges work great.
3-point seat belt installed on driver side, passenger side belt yet to be
installed.  Lap belt now on passenger side.
Some new door rubber and vent rebuild kit yet to be installed.
Custom heavy duty lumber rack.  This is a long bed fleetside so the bed is
very large.  bed wood needs replacing.
Some areas of rust: eyebrow, bed corner, fender corners, bed seams.  I have
begun the patch welding and completed much of what is needed.
I have filled (welded in) some of the chrome mount holes but have all the
original tags and emblems.

There is more but that is a start.  I am asking $3,000.  The engine, trans
and disc brakes are worth this and more.

I have extra components I have collected that I need to sell separate or to
the truck buyer if they wish.  Painless Wiring kit, front and rear sway bars
and U.S. Radiator radiator with trans cooler built in.  These are new in the
box items that I will sell for 90% of my cost.

There are more parts that I need to gather and document but this is a start.
I am in Northern California, Arcata to be exact.

I am happy to talk with or write to anyone interested.  I love this truck
and it is hard to part with, but life is life.

Thanks,

Stephen