Re: [oletrucks] Clutch questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch questions
From: Truck Guy <chevy620@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:56:00 -0500
When you go to buy clutch parts, I've found that using the serial numbers
from the old parts seems to be the best way to go.  I thought all I
needed to tell them at NAPA when I bought my pressure plate was that I
needed an 11" plate for a 235.  Sounds simple enough, but when my parts
came in I found them to be the wrong size.  After checking the serial
numbers I found the parts where from a 261 (apparently my clutch assembly
had been changed by the PO).  So you never know what's been changed in
these old trucks and double checking those numbers might just save you
some trouble later.

Nate
1959 Chevy Apache 3600

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!