RE: [oletrucks] Beautiful Day

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Beautiful Day
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:44:03 -0600
Here are some pics I just uploaded for those of you still interested in
powder coating (this is Eastwood's Hot Coat system). This first one is
the A-arm with the powder applied just entering the oven (disregard the
nasty oven, it was free ;) ...

http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/55truck/pics/powder.jpg

This is the part after 5-10 minutes at 450 degrees

http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/55truck/pics/glossedover.jpg

After it glosses over, you leave it in another 20 minutes at 400
degrees, and then let it cool. Eastwood sells nice expensive temperature
measuring devices for all this, but you can see I have a $5 Wal-Mart
oven thermometer instead, heh.

Bill