Re: [oletrucks] Re-chrome plastic

To: "Marlene Rzepkowski" <mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re-chrome plastic
From: Robert.Heil@hellausa.com
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:20:29 -0500
Hey Marlene!

I used to be in this business back in the 1980's.   There are several
companies that provide this service listed in Hemmings Motor News, in the
Services Offered Section.
Mr. G's in Texas is good, and there is a fellow in Toledo area, as well as
the fellows who eventually bought out my former partner that are in
Westland, Michigan.  American Plastic Plating, or something like that?

You can strip it yourself using a strong mixture of Trisodium Phosphate,
and if you can't get the paint to budge, it can be soaked off, with no harm
to the plastic, by submerging the plastic part in a pan of brake fluid.
These two "secret" formulas made me a lot of money back in the day.  Really
tough spots can be removed with a spritz of oven cleaner for no more than 2
hours!  I've included this information in case anyone ever wants to remove
paint from ABS plastic.

Bob
'51 3600 in pieces

                    "Marlene Rzepkowski"

                    <mrzepkow@rochester.       To:     "'oletrucks'"
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                    rr.com>                    cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     [oletrucks]
Re-chrome plastic
                    owner-oletrucks@auto

                    x.team.net

                    02/28/02 05:03 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Marlene Rzepkowski"

I am at my wits end and hoping that someone on the list can help me. I need
have a plastic dash part rechromed and was wondering if anyone can tell me
who
can do this?

Thanks
Marlene