Re: [oletrucks] Heater core?

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Heater core?
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 12:38:39 -0700
> Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 05:00:58 -0800 (PST)
> From: Vernon Vessell <vvessell@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Heater core?
>
> Looking for a vendor to replace a Harrison heater
> core, Model 59A in my 59 Chevy Apache. I am getting
> the run around locally. Is there a cross over number I
> might be able to use?

The 58A code is the date code...January 1959.

In the olden days, perhaps 10 years ago, it was common practice for
radiator shops to recore heater cores like that.  They would measure the
old core, and order a replacement of the same dimensions from their
supplier.  Then they would unsolder the tanks and brackets from the old
core, and solder them to the new core.

If you can find a radiator shop that's been around for awhile, ask them
if they'll recore yours.

Jim