Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton rearend swap

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton rearend swap
From: "S Culver" <sculver@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 10:33:05 -0600
Jim-

I had the stock rear end in my '50 3600.  I got a replacement (pumpkin) from
a list member and bolted it in.  I don't know the ratio on either, but can
tell you that after the swap my RPMs dropped tremendously at the same
speeds.  And with bigger tires, I greatly increased the efficiency of my
engine.

If you're interested, I will contact him and try to find out where he got
it.  It was not from a van, but came boxed and brand new.  Next step will be
to change out the old granny gear 4-speed for an S-10 5-speed.

Smokey Culver
League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)