[oletrucks] Front spring removal question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Front spring removal question
From: "Scott Tyson" <scott-tyson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:23:51 -0500
I'm pulling the running gear from the frame to prepare it for sandblasting.
I am having trouble removing the front springs. Looking in the manual it
says and shows that by removing the shackle through bolt the shackle plates
will come right off. My shackles don't look like the picture. the shackle
pins are threaded and have nuts and lock washers also holding the shackle
plates on. I removed the shackle thorough bolts and all four nuts and the
plates won't budge. They act like they are pressed on. I tried liquid
wrench, pry bars and even a BFH. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in
advance.