Re: [oletrucks] split Bench seat for '56

To: CarrierEsq@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] split Bench seat for '56
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:48:11 -0600
Brian:

A while back I thought it would be neat to put a new seat with shoulder
belts built-in and remember seeing on this site that a late model ('98 or
newer) Dodge pickup seat would just fit.  I also measured the seat I have in
my '97 Buick Park Avenue (built-in seat belts) and found it would fit inside
my '56 cab.  Most Buick seats have 'extras' like power 6-way, power
headrest, power lumbar, and are heated.  I've since decided to keep my stock
seat and rebuilt it with new foam, springs, and seat cover.  I'm planning to
install shoulder belts for both driver and passenger and have emailed
Juliano's Hot Rod Parts for advice.  They were very helpful in helping me
decide where to locate the shoulder belt anchor points (I have a big window
cab with not much room for shoulder belt anchors), and I plan to buy a set
from them in the near future.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Carl Ham
'56 TF Stepside
Pontiac, Il