Re: [oletrucks] Which parts might I be able to use

To: Bruce and Deb <poordebru@skyenet.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Which parts might I be able to use
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:11:54 -0800 (PST)
A great majority of the modern parts on my truck came
from a donor 1974 Firebird. The parts include the
complete front suspension (front clip), the
transmission crossmember, the power brake vac booster,
master cylinder, swing pedal assembly, tilt steering
column and steering wheel, rear end and rear springs,
and a bunch of the electrical wiring. By using a donor
vehicle, I held my costs really low and added power
steering, power disk brakes, a Chevy 350 motor that
dropped right in and a TH350 transmission.  The rear
end from the Firebird is a much better ratio for
highway driving and gas mileage.  The truck also rides
like a Firebird instead of a 1950 truck. The 1981
Pontiac should make a very good donor car if you are
looking to modify your ride.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100
Jacksonville, Illinois