[oletrucks] Advice on engines

Subject: [oletrucks] Advice on engines
From: "Aaron Fergusson" <afergusson@swca.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:20:56 -0700
I have a '56 daily driver that I recently threw a rod on the stock 235. I
haven't gotten into it to assess the damage, but I'm pretty sure it is bad.
What kills me is the truck is all original (except for the rust). Anyway,
since it is a daily driver I am seriously considering dropping a 327 and a
T400 tranny in it out of my '68 Chevy 3/4 ton. I have seen several kits for
doing the engine swap, so my question is it is a simple as a bolt on kit to
do the engine change? I'm not concerned about the wiring, just the engine
and transmission.

And one more thing, what about kits for converting from manual to automatic?
I haven't seen anything for that.

Thanks,
Aaron Fergusson
56 Chevy 1/2 ton