Re: [oletrucks] Task Force doors

To: Paint1955@aol.com, oletrucks mail <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Task Force doors
From: Karen Magill <dnkmagill@abi.tconline.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:47:37 -0600
I had the same problem and got REAL frustrated after spending so much time on
doors. Have you opened your doors and with them about half open see if they lift
up and down . There should not be much play. You are supposed to be able to set
the door at the proper stance  with it open and tighten hinge bolts and then
close the door and it should not sag.If it does very much, replace the bushings
and hinge pins,. I bought mine at the local Chevrolet dealer and they are
inexpensive.. My doors had a small amount of side adjustment by carefully prying
against the hinge and retightening. Make sure your fender is in as far as it
should be at top and bottom. If your hinges are really sprung and or badly worn
you probably will never get the door to fit right and will need new or at least
better hinges. Hope this helps   Deacon