RE: [oletrucks] Computers in cars

To: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Computers in cars
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:12:54 -0600
or some equally ridiculous message like

    ------------------------------------
    |                                  |
    | Your transmission just fell out  |
    |             ------               |
    |             | OK |               |
    |             ------               |
    |-----------------------------------

when OK is not what you had in mind.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob KNOTTS [mailto:raknotts@qwest.net]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 9:52 AM
To: oletrucks
Subject: [oletrucks] Computers in cars

I remember in abt 1981 when I took an introductory course in computers-they
said that soon we would have only one wire in cars, and microcomputers at each
electrical component to address the message to that unit (Token ring?). I
think the Cadillac does have that system. Can you imagine a virus popping up
as you tool down the freeway at 75 and telling your car to make a right turn
RIGHT NOW !? Of course, it won't be Micosoft's fault. Not that you'll care.
The coroner's report will probably read "Death caused by Insufficient memory".
Or maybe "404 error". Or maybe "could not find requested file". Bob K in
Phoenix