RE: [oletrucks] Bolt in power window kit

To: "'OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Bolt in power window kit
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:11:53 -0600
> Has anyone tried the bolt in power window kit from A1-Electric? These
kits
> are for 47-54 ADs and use the factory one piece windows and are
designed
> to bolt in where the factory manual window regulators were installed.

While I don't have an AD truck, I did go look .. and what interested me
was that A1 sells a power window kit that works with the brothers 1
piece windows for 55-59 trucks. At brothers, one piece windows with
power is over $700 ... but you can get one piece manual windows for $329
.. add in the kit from A1 and you're only at about $570 .. anyone done
just this? The only problem I see is that if you run into a snag,
Brothers will be less likely to help you out.

Bill