[oletrucks] AD hood hinge info

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] AD hood hinge info
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 15:05:30 EDT
My hood hinges were worn to the point that the springs would cause the rear
of the hood to raise above the cowl level by a 1/2 inch or so when closed.
My temporary fix was to remove the springs and us a "prop rod" since the hood
closed nicely without the springs.  Recently the prop rod got bumped and a
ding the size of a quarter was put in my freshly painted hood.  That's about
the same time I started looking for replacement hinges.  I ended up getting
repos from Bow Tie Bits after Jeff assured me they would fit and work fine.
He was right, they looked and fit just like the originals and now I can throw
away the offending prop rod and let the springs do the work.  This is one
repo part that is really a good fit.  Thought you'd like to know.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX