[oletrucks] Drive Shaft

To: "'Old Trucks List'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Drive Shaft
From: "rkinas" <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:43:20 -0400
To all,

How much room for movement should you allow for when measuring the
required length for your drive shaft? The truck is currently on jack
stands, supported under the front and rear axle. Only frame, engine,
transmission are currently providing compression on springs. Body is not
on the chassis. I would assume that if I hit a hard bump with the bed
really loaded and cause the rear axel to bump up against the rubber
travel stops, that the drive shaft would be its shortest, (i.e it needs
not to bind and push the transmission forward.) The question is how much
different in length is this than when the drive shaft is measured in the
current jack stand supported position?

Thanks,

Rich Kinas
59 Fleetside