RE: [oletrucks] Glass shop people - sanding glass

To: kmm1024@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Glass shop people - sanding glass
From: josiah.bartlett@exgate.tek.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:41:52 -0700
I don't know if it is possible without delaminating the glass. You can't cut
tempered glass once it has been tempered, but you can cut laminated. My
uncle in law told me that most glass shops cut replacement glass slightly
oversized to adjust for glass that has been copied from the original a few
times. (He is a glass company rep) I think if you took the original glass
back to the shop along with the reciept you could prove it, but 4 months is
a long time to notice. I can ask him next time I see him but it will be a
month or two. Most glass companies make more money from installation than
glass sales and might be reluctant to provide service for cut glass.
-Josiah