[oletrucks] '57 3100 price check

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] '57 3100 price check
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:53:34 EDT
All,
   I came across an ad in the local thrifty-nickle for a '57 3100 for sale.
I'd like some feedback on the price.  Truck body is in very good condition,
cab corners fixed, small floor patch, all in primer.  This is a small back
window cab.  Bed metal is great with side mount fender, bed wood not so good.
 Excellent chrome grille, but needs new window rubber.  Chrome wheels with
decent radial rubber.  The stock beam axle has been rebuilt (tight on the
road) with a 4-bolt 350, powerglide and camaro 12 bolt rear.  Included are
headers and dual exhaust.  Truck looks good, but of course needs paint.  Old
Cars price guide lists a #4 truck at $4200.  Owner wants $3700, but will take
$3500.  He is retiring from the military soon and SWMBO says some toys go!
Let me know what you think.  I would be getting rid of my 97 S-10 and use
this as a daily driver.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX