[oletrucks] window rubber with lockstrip

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] window rubber with lockstrip
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:51:02 -0700
I'm trying to install my rear window (not corner windows) and I noticed that
the rubber is slightly different than the corner window rubber.  The large
rear window is slightly deeper on the metal groove than the corner window
rubber.  Is this right?  Also, I was thinking (because of the lockstrip)
that I'd be able to put the rubber in the cab, then just put light pressure
on the glass and pop it in. Then put the lock strip in to hold it secure.
The corner windows went in in just a few minutes where the back was like
putting it in with the locking strip already in it.  Should I be able to see
the open groove for the lockstrip to go in? It's closed shut and I can't
even push my finger into it, it's pretty tight.  I put it loosely in, then
where I cut it, I pushed it about 1/4 back so it has that much length extra
to hold the gap closed. Anyone used linseed oil to lubricate it? It won't
damage paint right?