Re: [oletrucks] Automatic trans floor shifter

To: <gvwilhelm@shaw.ca>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Automatic trans floor shifter
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 23:01:56 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
Gordy, Lots of rodders use the old Mustang/Pinto shifters for the ease of
install. In a truck would be too low to floor. I have also seen Camaro
shifters, same as Firebird and about any Cavilier or J-car or mid-size us=
ed.
Most of these will require a console and best to cut out the floor around=
 it
or at least the mounts in junk yard donor to use in your truck. Again,
length is problem in truck. All of these are cable opperated and can be p=
ut
anywhere the cable reaches to. Otherwise, bite the bullet, get the lokar =
or
that other similar brand and install. It's something you'll see and use
first thing everytime you drive. A bad set-up here will be a P.I. A . ite=
otherwise!=0D
=0D
G. L. Perry=0D
Huntington, IN =0D