Re: [oletrucks] Jammed Linkage on Saginaw 4 Speed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Jammed Linkage on Saginaw 4 Speed
From: James Collins <jxc7@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:27:54 -0400
Claude,

Your set-up looks mighty fine, sleekly utilitarian. How miles do you
have on it? What kind of driving? What Saginaw do you have? How many
rings on the input shaft? What kind of rear? Clutch?

I hope this thread keeps going so more can be learned about this
trans/shifter assemblage and perhaps lead to a solution to
IDPHR@aol.com problems. The solution to go automatic, while it has
obvious merits, as stated seems to be more of a "Monday Morning"
answer. If dumping and starting over is the only solution, then I'm
going to ask Santa for a new truck just like the one the Playmate of
the year has, but in Forester Green, thank you. Maybe the folks at
TheGearBox@aol.com might have some thoughts.

Shamus