RE: [oletrucks] Re:What good is that little spring on the upper

To: "Stephen" <stephennix@msn.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re:What good is that little spring on the upper
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:16:02 -0500
My 57 GMC 1/2 ton has the spring.  It is a tension coil spring about 3/8"
diameter and maybe 1.5" long.  There is also a piece of metal with a hole in
one end that the hinge pin passes through.  The spring attaches to the other
end of this metal piece and provides an "over center" condition that tries to
hold the door open when the door is in the full open position.