Re: [oletrucks] More 235 color questions--late 50s

To: jforbes2@mindspring.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More 235 color questions--late 50s
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:50:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jim,

Bob Adler has the correct PPG paint numbers for the 235 truck engine gray,
which was
also supposed to be correct for the truck V8s.  I have since lost the number,
but Bob
should be able to give it to you...though come to think of it, I haven't seen
him post
for a long time.

We bought some of the PPG gray for my retro V8 for the Sub...it had a slight
green tint
to it (looks pretty cool with Bombay Ivory on the Chevrolet script).  Brian
bought some
of the supposedly gray paint from a contact out of the Cameo club and painted
his 265 V8
with it; it has a slight blue tint to it.  Interesting since both are supposed
to be
"right", but both look good and I'm happy with my engine.

Now all you need to do for that 235 is find a 53-55 Corvette 6 cylinder intake
with the
three Carter side draft carbs each with a bullet air cleaner...I definitely
enjoy the
retro performance parts.

Mark Noakes

On Thu, 23 May 2002, J Forbes wrote