RE: [oletrucks] Fw: 355 rear end

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Fw: 355 rear end
From: "Mike Baggese" <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 16:19:15 -0700
Ron,

  I run a 3.54 w/29.5 inch tall tires in my '59, it  has a 235 a granny
4spd.

  Highway is okay, I'd like to have an OD...the engine is definitely strog
enough to pull more speed, at a lower RPM.

  I'd be a bit leary about going to a lower numericallly rear though,
because it seems not want any less gear when taking off  loaded or pulling
a trailer.

  The problem with the granny box is the big split between gears, may want
to condier that if you're lookuing at a less than the 3.5x ratio.  Like I
mentioned before, I think OD would be a great addition to it, better than
taller gears.

--- Mike
--- passnb4u@earthlink.net