RE: [oletrucks] Wiring questions

To: "Gordon V. Wilhelm" <gvwilhelm@shaw.ca>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Wiring questions
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:05:39 -0500
The "R" terminal provides a 12V bypass of the "ballast" resistor to the coil
"+" terminal while the solenoid is engaged (key in the start position) to
provide a hotter spark while cranking.  HEI ignitions do not use this circuit.
They are provided 12V anytime the key is on.  You don't need this wire.