[oletrucks] A wiring block question

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] A wiring block question
From: Bob Browell <Bob.Browell@campfireusa.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:34:52 -0500
I've been called a dim bulb on occasion but I am stumped on a wiring block
question. It seems that my rear lights wiring on a 57 GMC is botched. I want
to know what the under carriage wiring block routing is? Five wires go to
the block with one going to what I believe is the gas tank. The other 4 go
to the rear lights. From left to right (while on  my back) which goes to
which?

I am using a standard yellow, green, brown, white wiring harness available
at any hardware store from the block to the lights. Do all 4 wires go
specifically to the left and right rear tail light pigtails? (I have the
1157 bulbs.) The previous wiring configuration used a spliced additional
wire to connect each side which doesn't seem correct. Any help is
appreciated?