Re: [oletrucks] Mystery Engine

To: "Morris, John" <John.Morris@state.vt.us>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Mystery Engine
From: Rick Warren <bluu55@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:05:12 -0700 (PDT)
 John, some of the early sixties Chevy sixs were painted orange. (ie: Chevy
II's little 194 cid, or possibly a 250 cid). It might be an early sixties car
six?! I guess you would have to look up the car engines and do a comparison.
Good luck!                        Rick,     ('55 1st 3100)
  "Morris, John" <John.Morris@state.vt.us> wrote: Hello;

I'm trying to identify the engine in my '51 1/2 ton Chevy pickup and I
was hoping somebody on this list could point me in the right direction.

It's a straight 6 painted orange with Chevrolet printed on the valve
cover. It's most likely a 235. The serial number next to the distributor is
TI023H.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide me.

John Morris
Washington, Vt.