RE: [oletrucks] JC Whitney tailgate?

To: "'BORDER,RYAN \(HP-FtCollins,ex1\)'" <ryan_border@hp.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] JC Whitney tailgate?
From: "Brian J Luebke" <luebkeb@zibsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:02:32 -0500
Hello

I put a JC Whitney tailgate on an old work truck.  The metal was a bit
thinner than original and the spot welds started to show after awhile. but
it lasted quite awhile, 3 years until I sold the truck

I think they would hold up even better on a show truck.  mine was on a work
truck and I was opening and slamming the gate once or twice a day.

Hope this helps.

The old saying probably holds true, however, you get what you pay for.

good luck

brian