[oletrucks] Reproducing GMC turn signal ass'ys...

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Reproducing GMC turn signal ass'ys...
From: "Greg O. Pace" <59gmc@bigriverbroadcasting.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:14:44 -0500
Has anyone tried making a mold and reproducing the GMC signal assemblies?  I
see this site has an example or two of a their process that would probably
work perfectly for this:

http://www.alumilite.com/default.cfm?Action=view&ID=4

I scrounged one chipped assembly from a big GMC today and might take a shot
at using this old piece as a prototype.  If someone has a nice set from
which molds could be made (it won't damage the originals), there could be
quite a few folks that would take a set.  The mold and casting materials are
pretty cheap, and the process looks simple.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'd pay 50 bucks a side for a nice
reproduction.  Once a mold is made, it should only cost a couple of bucks to
make.

Anybody want to start a side business?

GOP