[oletrucks] corner window rubber

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] corner window rubber
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:30:36 -0700
Has anyone used the rubber for the corner windows (with lockstrip) which is
a wider version on one side of the rubber than the other?  I've got two
types, when looking down on the rubber at the lockstrip groove, the part
that goes over the cab is wider (maybe almost twice as wide?) as the other
side.  I like it better than the other as it will cover up the spot welds,
etc.  I'm having trouble getting the glass to stay in though, it wants to
roll the rubber and come out, and I'm wondering if it won't work.  I have a
partnumber from a glass shop, AS-1179 (wider one).  It works fine for the
rear window. (Chevy Duty sells both types, sometimes even mismatched for the
corner windows).