[oletrucks] Generator

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Generator
From: Ric McAnulty <ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
Generator question for the group. I have a '56 235-6
that has the original generator with the power
steering pump attached to the rear of the generator.
I'm trying to determine if it is  6 volt or 12 volt.
it appears by using a meter that it is only supplying
6 volts to the field and battery. Question how do I
tell if it's a six volt generator?  Follow-up would
be, what  / how would I convert it to a 12 volt
generator since everything else was converted by the
p/o ? Would regulator need to be changed out as well ?
Thanks for the help!

Ric McAnulty
'50 5-Window Custom Cab
with '56 235-6 4-speed