Re: [oletrucks] rear view mirror

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rear view mirror
From: Jon <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:42:02 -0700 (PDT)
My 53 Chevy had the same thing.  I'm not sure about
the GMC's but the Chevy's where suppost to have a
mirror bracket that bolted to the roof right in front
of the center post.  I think the truck shops sells a
chrome repo one.  They also sell a stainless bracket
so you can mount it to the center post.  I went the
stainless center post mount, it's more diversable
since you can mount it on one of the two center holes
in the center post.

Best regards,
Jon

--- jcramer1@epix.net wrote:
> Can someone tell me how the rear view mirror for a
> 53 GMC 1/2 ton is supposed to mount? Someone had
> mounted it to the window center molding by enlarging
> one of the recessed holes and using a ground off nut
> behind the molding. This caused the molding to bow
> out a little. Is this the way it should be or is
> there a bracket of some sort that the mirror mounts
> to?
> Thank you
> Jim Cramer
> 53 GMC 1/2 ton
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959

=====
Jon
1953 3100 Deluxe Cab (Project)